Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wednesday, Oct 30- 8th Grade- Internet Safety- Part 2 Responsible Behavior

Bellringer:
1. On page 419 type the FIRST 2 sentences in the 2ND paragraph.
2. Internet Candy Challenge! Open up your Excel Spreadsheet from Tuesday, .
3. Find your printed Candy Challenge and put your name on it,
4. Correct any cut off words,
5. Make sure you completed the "Want to know" sentence.

6. Write the Questions and Complete Answers for the Database
    Test Questions you missed.

7. Hang up your Internet Candy Challenge picture.

What are we learning today?
We are learning how to protect ourselves from cyberbullies and internet predators.


Netsmartz.org "Internet Safety: Tweens" presentation

Board of Education Policy Code: 3225/4312/7320
"... all students must be trained about appropriate online behavior. Such training must cover topics such as cyberbullying and interacting with others on social networking websites and in chat rooms."
 


Guided Practice:

@Your grade will be a participation grade.
@Students will watch and discuss the Cyberbully videos.
 

Exit Activity: At the end of this unit students will be able to say
  • I will tell my parents, a teacher, or a trusted adult if someone tries to cyberbully me.
  • I will never respond to messages that are rude or offensive and I will show the message to my parents, a teacher or a trusted adult.
  • I understand that my online actions may have offline consequences

No comments:

Post a Comment